Our Homesteading Dream

Living, laughing, loving, and learning on our little suburban homestead.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Trying To Be The Mama...

that I believe God wants me to be.

What does that look like? To me, it means stressing less and loving and relaxing more.

I want to savor the moments with these children that God has given me. I want to curl up in the hammock with them and just read a book in the sunshine. I want to go on nature walks and hold those grubby little hands while they look for worms or salamanders.

How many moments have I missed because I was so caught up in the house that wasn't perfect, or the laundry that wasn't done, or the food that just has to be prepared right now.

We are called to be keepers of our homes. I don't want to give the impression that cleanliness isn't important, but the house will still be there in 10 years...some of these kiddos won't be.

I want our home to be filled with love, laughter and learning. If there happens to be some dishes in the sink or a pair of dirty socks on the floor, I'm okay with that ;)

1 comment: