Our Homesteading Dream

Living, laughing, loving, and learning on our little suburban homestead.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Dave Ramsey...and Making *OUR* Money Over

If you are someone who is living paycheck to paycheck (like we are :P) maybe have some debt (a lot or a little) haven't done the best in the savings department, or just run out of money before you run out of month. I highly recommend that you read anything you can by Dave Ramsey. I have both The Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace and I can't tell you what a blessing they have been to my husband and I. We are looking at the way we have used our money...and quite frankly are not very proud of ourselves.

We've decided a change is in order! Now, not next month, or maybe when summer comes and this bill or that one isn't due...NOW! It is not Biblical to be in debt. We are not supposed to owe anyone anything but love and kindness. We are called to be good stewards of our money, and the blessings that God has provided us.

We have debt...and we are ready to go to some drastic measures to get it payed off.

My new motto is "Use it up, wear it out, make it due, or do without!". The other is "waste not, want not." Every Friday, I'm going to post on frugality in some way or another.... Frugal Fridays. And I'm sure some things will spill over throughout the week :)

Come along for the ride! Borrow those books from the library, listen to Dave on the radio, check out his website.... let's get radical about frugality! Get out of debt, get a good emergency savings in place, then start saving for your future!

2 comments:

Sheila J. said...

Thanks for the information. Guess I know what I will be looking for in the library. Thank you for the wake up call.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited I ran across your blog! I will be checking in frequently :)