Our Homesteading Dream

Living, laughing, loving, and learning on our little suburban homestead.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Target Shooting and First Hunting Trip...

I had such a wonderful day yesterday! It was the perfect fall day (low 60's and sunny) and I was able to spend it with some of my favorite people :)

We started the day off with some dental visits (the older girls and I all had cleanings) and then we headed out for my fathers house. Cassidy, Karina and Adam all stayed with my stepmother, while my father, husband, Arianna and I all went out to a field to do some target practice.

At first I was a bit intimidated by the shotguns...they are LOUD!!!...and the recoil can be fierce (I have a bruise on my shoulder to prove it :P) but I quickly got over it and had tons of fun.

After shooting for a couple of hours, we went hunting. My father split off from us and went archery deer hunting, while Roy, Arianna and I went hunting for pheasant, and small game. We almost hit a pheasant with our truck but that was as close as we managed to get lol :P Overall, it was a blast, great exercise and something fun that I could share with my hubby and oldest daughter. I'm going to be going again soon with my father...I'll keep you all posted on how that trip goes!

1 comment:

Simple Christian Homemaker said...

Sounds like you had a blast! That all sounds like so much fun with the important people in your life.