Our Homesteading Dream

Living, laughing, loving, and learning on our little suburban homestead.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Praising the Lord Even Through Adversity...

It's so easy to praise the Lord when things are going well...but what about when they are rough?

In my last post I shared with everyone how a bolt had broken and I had almost lost the drive shaft in my Suburban while driving down the road. Initially it seemed an easy fix...it wasn't. We needed a whole new drive shaft. And while we were at the parts store negotiating for the parts we needed...my husbands truck started leaking anti-freeze and now needed a radiator. When we got home, we received a bill in the mail for over 600$ (legitimate bill...just completely out of the blue) Because we spent so much time running back and forth to my in-laws house (40 min. away) I lost 4 bushels of corn that I had picked, husked, and gotten into canning jars (which meant sterilizing jars etc.) There were several other minor things going on as well.

I finally broke down and cried...I mean, come on! When was this going to end???? I had been praying for the Lord to help us through this situation...and things were getting harder!

Then I heard my answer..."It's easy to praise Me when things are easy....but how about now?"

I asked for forgiveness and started praising...through my tears, I was praising Him.

"25Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. 26My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." Proverbs 25-26

The Suburban is now fixed..and we may be able to get a used radiator for Roy's truck. All of the other situations are slowly working themselves out as well.

God is SO GOOD!!! All the time...and I'm resting at His feet with the knowledge that He is in control and will take care of us.

2 comments:

Another Beautiful Day said...

Thank you for this reminder. I'm home from Church with sick children for the 8 week in a row. I needed to be reminded to Praise my LORD!! Have a great day and thank you for publishing this post.

Cristal in Florida

Candi said...

I am visiting through someone else's site and just wanted to Thank you for this post. We are in the construction industry and it is a very hard time right now and I needed this reminder. God Bless You!