Our Homesteading Dream

Living, laughing, loving, and learning on our little suburban homestead.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Happily Hectic..

Our lives have been happily hectic lately...sorry for being so quiet here on the blog-front :)

Our home school is in full swing and we are having a blast with the Prairie Primer! We're also excited with the direction our home school group is taking this year and are looking forward to many of the activities.

I've spent much of my "spare time" (what's that?? LOL) processing and putting up apples. We now have 27 quarts of apple sauce and 16 quarts of apple pie filling...with about 1 more bushel left.

I've also spent some time in my garden, planning and plotting it out for the coming year. I'm intrigued by the square foot method of gardening and have decided to utilize about half our garden in square foot beds this next year. They've all been measured and plotted out so we can start putting some of the compost directly into the gardens. (We won't be using raised beds as our soil is already quite nice and won't be needing any major changes.)

I'm hoping that life will slow down enough that I can get back to this blog a bit more. I have so many posts swirling around in my head and am looking forward to getting them written down for all of you. :)

May the Lord bless and keep you!

No comments: